Have you noticed some new buses rolling around town? Our new MCI fleet is now in service! Equipped with a new communication and radio system for more accurate real time information access, free passenger Wi-Fi and USB charging ports at each seat, we are now able to offer a more premium service to our Park-n-Ride riders.
Initially, we ordered nine vehicles, but thanks to an additional grant from the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT), we will be receiving an additional three later this summer! Our new fleet of MCIs will be replacing our 12-year-old fleet that has surpassed its useful life.
Some other features of these vehicles are:
- ADA accessible
- Operate on ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel
- Equipped with 3-position bicycle racks
- "Talking bus technology" that audibly warns pedestrians when the bus is turning
- Internal and external cameras
- Individual overseat lighting and vents
- Tray tables
- Reclining seats
- Overhead storage
These vehicles are primarily used on Park-n-Ride routes that service North Olmsted, Westlake and Strongsville.
We hope you get to take a ride soon!