CLEVELAND -- The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) invites members of the media to attend a special groundbreaking ceremony, 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 30 as RTA and civic partners announce the construction the new E. 116 – St. Luke’s Rapid Station.
The new station is just west of Shaker Square at E. 116 and Shaker Blvd. and is used by Blue and Green lines.
- Joe Calabrese, RTA CEO and General Manager
- Rev. Charles Lucas, RTA board member
- Blaine Griffin, Cleveland City Councilman, Ward 6
- Civic leaders
The $7.2 million project calls for new entrances, lighting, security systems, signage, track, platforms and canopies.
The new station will be ADA-compliant, be bicycle-friendly and have a secondary entrance that connects to a new walkway through the Saint Luke's Development and the Intergenerational School.
The nearby recent developments of St. Luke's, the Rice Branch of the Cleveland Public Library, and Harvey Rice Elementary School, Intergenerational School and Saint Luke's Development make the station even more vital to the fabric of the community.
- 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 30, 2018
- The event will be held on the lawn of St. Luke’s Manor, 11311 Shaker Blvd., Shaker Heights, OH.
- Blue or Green Line service to the event is recommended.
- Limited parking is available in the lower lot off MLK Blvd. at E. 116th.