On Sunday, December 8, 2019, 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Online Fare Media will be unavailable due to maintenance.
If you are age 65 or older, you can pay a discounted Senior rate to ride RTA buses and trains. Read more about all RTA fares.
Show a valid photo ID
Anyone can buy a Senior pass or farecard, but in order to use the pass, you must show a valid photo ID.
These forms of ID are accepted for use with a Senior pass or farecard:
- RTA Senior ID card
- State-issued photo ID
- Medicare card with photo ID
To obtain an RTA Senior ID card
- Beginning 30 days prior to your 65th birthday, bring a valid photo ID and $3 cash or check (a fee that covers time and materials to produce the RTA ID) to RTA's Main Office, 1240 W 6 St, Cleveland, OH, 44113.
- Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- You do not need an appointment.
- All requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information
- Go to the RTA fares page
- Call 216-621-9500