David E. Weiss has served as Mayor of the City of Shaker Heights since April 2018. He has more than three decades of legal and business experience.
- Elected to the Board by the Cuyahoga County Mayors and City Managers Association.
- Sworn in March 3, 2020.
- Chair, Compensation Committee, 2021
- Served on the Shaker Heights City Council.
- Served as a member of the Shaker Heights Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals.
Private sector experience
- Former executive officer of DDR Corporation.
- Former partner of the Cleveland based law firm McDonald Hopkins.
- Served as chairman of the board of directors of The Centers for Families and Children and Circle Health Services.
- Past president and honorary board member of Family Connections.
- Served on the board of The City Club of Cleveland and The City Club Forum Foundation.
- Past member of the Visiting Committee of the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University.
- B.A. from the University of Michigan.
- J.D. from The Ohio State University College of Law.
Updated April 13, 2022
Board of Trustees
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113