CLEVELAND -- The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) built a new Green Line station on Shaker Boulevard at Lee Road, in Shaker Heights for $1.7 million.
The current station is close to the Shaker Heights Historical Society.
On Jan. 15, 2015, the RTA Board of Trustees awarded a $160,000 contract for design and construction support to CHA Consulting of Cleveland. About 80 percent of the cost will be paid with federal funds.
- Design Work: Notice of Award was September 27, 2016
- Construction Bid: A $1,394,000 contract was awarded to Schirmer Construction of North Olmsted. Federal funds paid for 80% of the work.
- Construction: Site work began in March 2017 and was complete by October 2017.
A ribbon cutting ceremony was held on October 18, 2017.
- Selective demolition of existing station and platform
- Construction of new platforms with ADA ramps/accessibility