Apr 2, 2018
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians play 81 home games in 2018, and the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) offers the most convenient, comfortable and direct transportation to each of them. No rush-hour congestion, no construction zones, no $20 parking fees.
The sold-out home opener vs. the Kansas City Royals begins at 4:10 p.m. on Friday, April 6. Because of Opening Day festivities, fans are asked to be in their seats at Progressive Field an hour before the game begins.
Your recipe for a great day:
- Use RTA's parking locater and park for free at a Rapid Station. (Be sure to park legally so that you're not ticketed and towed.)
- Buy a $5.50 All-Day Pass for maximum convenience and value. Use the RTA CLE mobile ticketing app to purchase your ticket on your mobile device.
- Or $5 cash will buy you a round-trip pass at the Brookpark, Puritas, Triskett, W. 117 and Windermere stations, or at the Tower City Light Rail platform.
- Ride the Rapid to the Tower City Station, and stroll down the 1,000 foot Walkway to Quicken Loans Arena. From there, it is a short walk outside to Progressive Field.
- You can also ride the HealthLine down Euclid Avenue to Public Square. If you work Downtown, hop on a free trolley to reach Tower City.
Remember, Waterfront Line service ends at 7 p.m.. Red Line, Green Line and Blue Line rail service is guaranteed to operate for 60 minutes after the game ends.
Mark these dates:
- RTA service will be especially important on four dates this month – April 8, 11,12, 13 -- when there are events at both Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field.
- Also, don’t forget the 42nd Annual Cleveland International Film Festival is in town April 4-15 at Tower City Cinemas. Downtown parking may be scarce, but RTA's free parking will be available at major rail lots. Mark your calendars now, plan your trip, and allow plenty of travel time.
Linda Scardilli Krecic
(216) 356-3104 (office)
(216) 390-9605 (cell)