May 19, 2014
CLEVELAND -- Quarterly service changes for the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) take effect on June 8. Changes to routes mentioned will have different timetables, so check your trip.
- 2, 15, 16, 21, 35, 37, 45-45A, 48-48A, 51, 251, 451.
- Red Line (dated June 7), Red Line (dated June 22). There are several major construction projects on the Red Line East of Tower City during June (hence two schedules). Here are the details, including Mayfield Road Closures.
- Three timetables are suspended until fall -- 751, 752 and 761.
- NineTwelve Trolley
Some changes deserve special mention.
- 35: The 6:25 p.m. southbound weekday trip will go to the Garfield Mall, instead of Broadview Heights.
- 51: Trip times have been adjusted for all days. Weekend service will start earlier. Sunday service will end later.
- NineTwelve Trolley: Evening service is discontinued. The last trip will arrive at the Muny Lot at 6:30 p.m. If you are using RTA's automated system, this is route 60.
Be alert for changes to bus stops on Superior Avenue, between Public Square and the Veterans Memorial Bridge.
Where to obtain new timetables
- New timetables have been posted online.
- Data on RTA's trip planner -- Google Transit -- will be updated before the changes take effect.
- Stop by RTA's Main Office, 1240 W. Sixth St.
- Visit RTA's Customer Service Center at the Tower City Station, 50 Public Square.
- To order a timetable by mail, call the RTAnswerline, 216-621-9500.
RTA provides quality, economic and safe public transportation via rail, bus and Paratransit throughout Cuyahoga County. Real-time information is available for all buses and trains. Check www.riderta.com or call the RTAnswerline at 216-621-9500.
Media Contact: Mary Shaffer, Public Relations: 216-566-5211