Check here for available parking
- Brookpark: open
- Puritas-W. 150: open
- West Park: open
- Triskett: open
- W. 117-Madison: open
- West Blvd.-Cudell: open
GCRTA's smaller lots are filled daily with commuters.
The 2023 St. Patrick’s Day parade is expected to draw thousands of people. GCRTA works to serve the holiday crowd, as well as regular customers, with supplemental rail service to handle the additional demand.
To fully enjoy the day on GCRTA:
- Plan ahead. If you have questions, call 216-621-9500. Automated service is available 24/7.
- Leave early. Expect large crowds. Allow plenty of time to get downtown.
- Ride the Rapid. Trains will leave frequently throughout the heavy demand periods. Free parking is available at many Rapid Stations. Obey all signs — cars parked illegally may be ticketed and towed. Service runs until midnight.
- Ride the HealthLine. The service operates 24/7, from East Cleveland to Public Square.
- Bring exact change. GCRTA employees will sell Round-Trip Passes for $5 at many rail stations. Have $5 cash ready to make your purchase. Keep the card in a flat, secure place -- you will have to show it on your trip home. Passes will be sold at the following stations only:
- W. 117-Madison
- Tower City
- Use the Transit app to plan your trip and buy an All-Day Pass, and ride the Rapid or any bus all day for $5.00.
- Follow directions. GCRTA staff will work to provide you with a safe, enjoyable trip.
- Looking for parking? GCRTA will update traffic reporters on the status of Rapid Station parking lots. Follow RTA on Twitter, Facebook using #CLEStPats.
- For safety, travel in pairs. Be aware of your surroundings.
- Pack lightly — buses and trains will be crowded. Whatever you carry must be held in your lap.
- Cleveland Police ask that you not bring backpacks, so if possible, leave yours at home.
- Protect your mobile devices. Leave your laptops and iPads at home. Keep your cell phone secure.
- Bicyclists be aware — when trains are crowded, you will not be allowed to board.
- Trolley service is free. Look for green vehicles and the unique signs at bus stops. Tell the operator your destination. Trolleys will be routed around the parade, and may be slower because of the crowds. If your celebration continues after the parade, trolleys can help you get around downtown.
To reach GCRTA by car
- Select a designated driver.
- From the northwest, drive east on I-90 to the Triskett Rapid Station. Ride the Red Line to Tower City.
- From the southwest, drive east on I-480 to the Brookpark Rapid Station. Ride the Red Line to Tower City.
- From the south, drive north on I-71 to the Puritas Rapid Station at West 150th Street. Ride the Red Line to Tower City.
- From I-271, drive west on Chagrin Blvd. to the municipal lot north of the Farnsleigh Rapid Station. Ride the Blue Line to Tower City.
- From the east, park at the Green Road Rapid Station. Ride the Green Line into Tower City.
- From the northeast, drive west on Euclid Avenue to the Louis Stokes Station at Windermere. Ride either the HealthLine to Public Square, or the Red Line to Tower City.